Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a helix 5 with an ice transducer, I've only used it half a dozen times.
Today when I fired it up it said the transducer was not connected.
I carefully checked all the connections and everything seemed to be fine,
I un plugged them plugged them back it and no change. I turned it off and restarted it. no change. Then my partner unplugged his transducer and we plugged it into mine and walah, his worked. I unplugged his and plugged mine back in and then mine worked? We had to do this three different time today and each time it worked? Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I had this happen to me before. I think moisture might be getting into the ice ducer and causing it to freeze and not send the signal. When I took it home and tried it the next day it worked normally.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Take the unit to Video Re-fit, they will inspect it for $25

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
It's not the unit itself. It's the $100 ducer. They won't find anything wrong because they work fine indoors (heated space).
When I said unit I meant the whole deal. And yes they can test the whole thing, had mine tested

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
When I said unit I meant the whole deal. And yes they can test the whole thing, had mine tested
I understand. My point is that I've never seen this issue unless we're out in the freezing cold (-20 when it happened to me). If they're willing to brave the cold and run the diagnostics on the ice then I'd be happy to pay them. If they're just going to run diagnostics inside the shop then I can tell you there will be no errors as it works perfectly fine indoors. Even in the cold it's sporadic (one trip it worked, next it didn't, after that it worked again). This is similar to tweaking an auger in the cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts