Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what a shit show, Its nice to see where your launch fee is going. but who ever designed that parking area is nuts and also its amaze me some people doesnt have any common sense, parking your truck and trailer! END of rant LOL!

sept 3. launch around 10am, 68F.. my first on spot that channel, the moment my trolling set the spot lock and is already 10speed. already left that spot and move to find calmer water, found a spot its calmer/ somewhat normal current for that area and found something decent, 3people limit in 1.5hrs, caught a lot 24-27in..

and the best part is, 20+ boat.. nobody is around us :D

Heads up, someflags (fishing nets in area).. current is very strong, Be safe out there and make sure your equipment is 100%

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Saw your rig out there I was out prefishing for the tournament next weekend I personally struggled to find anything decent still caught some fish just nothing to write home about.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I heard the Commercials weren't too happy with the first go around of the Gull Harbor tournament. Hopefully things run smoothly for it and all the issues were put aside. Would hate to see interruptions at the ramp this week, i’ve been looking forward to a couple days of fishing

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey I was thinking of hitting Hecla this weekend....is there a fishing tournament going on.,,,,I will re-jig if there is one going on.....after being lockported this weekend on the Red and again today I am looking to get away to less busy areas...thx!!!

Wayne

·
Premium Member
4,572 Posts
Hey I was thinking of hitting Hecla this weekend....is there a fishing tournament going on.,,,,I will re-jig if there is one going on.....after being lockported this weekend on the Red and again today I am looking to get away to less busy areas...thx!!!

Wayne

Tournament or no tournament.................Pretty sure Hecla on a weekend would not fit your definition of "less busy"!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saw your rig out there I was out prefishing for the tournament next weekend I personally struggled to find anything decent still caught some fish just nothing to write home about.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
I think its pretty much a lot of them struggled, after we fished. we went to northshore just to eat something and 6-10 boat out there and maybe seen 1 hook set..

The fish is acting different the whole summer out there and fairly scattered day to day or week to week.. the main thing finding the bait fish... found them 2week ago shallow as 16-18ft and this weekend 28ft

Goodluck!!!

·
Registered
998 Posts
I heard the Commercials weren't too happy with the first go around of the Gull Harbor tournament.
Last people we should be worried about.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi all, going to come up north for our annual trip to the Red River. We have never fished Hecla in the fall. Would like to try it as we had an awesome day there this spring. Is the bite pretty good still in mid to late October? Thanks in advance!!

·
Administrator
1,534 Posts
Hi all, going to come up north for our annual trip to the Red River. We have never fished Hecla in the fall. Would like to try it as we had an awesome day there this spring. Is the bite pretty good still in mid to late October? Thanks in advance!!
It's actually really good there in the fall. At least that's what I have heard, haven't gone out there in the fall before.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts