Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the day at 1:00. Caught nothing not even a bite till 3. Poked my head out of my pop up to see how others were doing all groups reported betwen 5-10 walleyes. One guy said live targets were working for him. So I ditched my salty and put on a chubby and my brother put on a lipless rattling crankbait. I missed my first fish 5min later :cry: :cry: :cry: My brother them misses two more :x :x :x . Still a great day out there. Ice was 10 inches, clear and flat!

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
The two of us fished about noon until after dark, 21 feet, and got 3 smallish greens and 2 saugers. Tried the livetarget and a sauger went for it but most marks were just lookers or passing by. 11.5-12" of clear ice in our holes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
lol i was the guy you poked your head out at was a good day fishing though and was nice to kinda meet ya lol maybe next time you can make it all the way out the tent :p

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Nvrbensen said:
lol i was the guy you poked your head out at was a good day fishing though and was nice to kinda meet ya lol maybe next time you can make it all the way out the tent :p

lol Good to sort of meet you too. Thanks for the minnows. I almost had a perfect home for them in there cause the heater made a nice little pond on one side of the shack. :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just wondering.... are guys driving out on the river yet? I want to take my dad out fishing, but he can't really do a lot of walking so I like to know if we can drive out yet. I am talking about EOM

Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
01durango said:
Just wondering.... are guys driving out on the river yet? I want to take my dad out fishing, but he can't really do a lot of walking so I like to know if we can drive out yet. I am talking about EOM

Thanks
You can drive to EOM and if he can walk out 50yards you should be fine. You can park beside the shore. If not wate a little longer

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
MNTMAN said:
The ice is about 12" thick and nice and solid. I wouldnt risk it just yet...maybe wait till about X-Mas.
The walk is hard because of no snow and sheer ice!
Why not go see Mike at Princess Auto sometime :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He can sell you a set of KILLER ice cleats cheap which will keep you vertical but put an end to the sliding up to your rod when a fish hits :) :)

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Mine weren't terribly expensive but now i wouldn't walk out without wearing them.Just have to be careful when i come inside the cabin with them on.Can be a little had on the flooring :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
MNTMAN said:
I do believe that we have a few more of the expensive cleats like Big Bro has plus lots of the inexpensive ones for around 5 bucks!
Darn.... I just got back from Princess Auto and did't even think you would sell them. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make another trip there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts