Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Lockport1850 said:
Garmin BaseCamp (free software, link: http://www8.garmin.com/support/mappingsw.jsp) can load the batch file all at once to your Garmin unit.
I have been running into problems compiling maps in proprietary formats to get around the resolution limitations of 100 1024x1024 cells (depending on the resolution ~5km^2) When I figure it out you would be able to load one hi resolution custom map for lets say a hundred or so lakes all as one file.

Creating individual rectified custom maps for each lake is not an issue and I've been doing that for quite a while.

See the attached tutorial below, it does not use Base Camp to load the resulting .kmz files but it easily could, that's what I currently do to load these lake maps onto my garmin handhelds.
http://www8.garmin.com/outdoor/custommaps_instruct.pdf

It may be of use to some folks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
walleyer27 said:
Wow where did you find these? do you thing it would be possible to get one on Star lake and west blue lake? Star lake is a very small lake right beside west hawk lake in the whiteshell. If not I totally understand as its so small! thanks so much!
Here is a map of Star Lake, it will be in the next version of my google earth file whenever I get that complete.

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is awsome let me know when the new one is up this is very handy and I can use it on my iPhone witch is a big plus

·
Registered
35 Posts
Some maps of some Northern lakes would be great. Clearwater, Rocky, Reed etc. The more the better. Thx for what is available so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
lost file

I've had this file for years and used it tons, unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost everything.
Is there another link for the fishing maps?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I must be a noob but I cant seem to get the map to load the file. It says the original file is HTML and I don't get an option to open that in the google maps app on my PC.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts