Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any good spot for gold eyes now? My parents is visit us now want to take them fishing next weekend, Ontario doesn't have that many gold eyes, any reply will be very appreciated:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Goldeye Fishing

I have fished many a time upstream of St. George's which is just past Pine Falls. There is a good boat launch and dock there. Pulled in many a Goldeye and Walleye there. There is spots all along the way to the power dam. Just look for some weedy area's close to shore and you will find Goldeye. Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Are the goldeye still around at lp heading out this evening and wondering if it's worth it to bring the goldeye rod

·
Super Moderator
911 Posts
There are always goldeye at lockport. Every time I pass by there I see anglers reeling them in and cormorants catching them. I havent fished for them there in a while though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've caught the odd goldeye near LP using 1/16 oz jig and minnow in the current looking for walleyes but catching mostly drum and saugers.
Does any know if the walleye have started moving up-river toward Sugar Island and Selkirk?

·
Administrator
5,017 Posts
I've caught the odd goldeye near LP using 1/16 oz jig and minnow in the current looking for walleyes but catching mostly drum and saugers.
Does any know if the walleye have started moving up-river toward Sugar Island and Selkirk?
Few more weeks id say. Might find the odd ones further north this time of year but usually not till the temp drops more

1 - 10 of 10 Posts