Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all. I am just wondering how the fishing is at Gimli? I am looking to try fishing there by the pier, and I am wondering if there is easy access as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we went to Gimli today. We fished from about 830-400 and only caught one walleye. Lots of people out in the area, but not sure how they were doing. We were in about 14 feet of water. Did I miss prime time, or was the water not deep enough, or both ?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well we went to Gimli today. We fished from about 830-400 and only caught one walleye. Lots of people out in the area, but not sure how they were doing. We were in about 14 feet of water. Did I miss prime time, or was the water not deep enough, or both ?
Well, what did you expect, DumpBear took them all out by the armful, his arms are sore!:giggle:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Headed out to gimli for the day we got 2-25,22,2-20,18,16 and one small one. All walleye. Basically caught in everything jigs,flutter spoon, lipless cranks. Was super cold. Day had its events augers would not start. Big buddy caught on fire but we had spares and had a really good fun family day

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Today put the 12" extension on but will take the 24" just in case. Ion flytes are a bit shorter than traditional gas ones by a few inches so hopefully it will be an overkill but I really don't want the days of drilling through feet after feet of ice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
After I got back home I realized I had 129 Eyes! No wonder my arms were sore..So I filled up the kids pool in the living room with cold water and ice, let the fish play and get to know each other, they were real happy! My Arms recovered and this time I had a friend help me and we put the fish back in the sled and into the lake. You guys should catch like crazy now 🤪

·
Registered
940 Posts
After I got back home I realized I had 129 Eyes! No wonder my arms were sore..So I filled up the kids pool in the living room with cold water and ice, let the fish play and get to know each other, they were real happy! My Arms recovered and this time I had a friend help me and we put the fish back in the sled and into the lake. You guys should catch like crazy now 🤪
yawn. wasn't funny the first time but you still had to double up eh

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't been out to Gimli yet this year, is the ice road plowed as per usual? No access issue for an SUV?

·
Registered
201 Posts
There is a ice road that is plowed and maintained by the rm. there is not a lot of snow on the lake but it is a little bit drifty in spots. Make sure u turn your traction control off and u should be good. Was in gimli last week and it was a good day of fishing for us

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went out yesterday, marked a bunch but no commit and only managed to get one perch to bite.
I stayed closer in near the permies but noticed there was a lot more people quite a bit further out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts