Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All!

Planning a sled-in to George Lake very soon. I have gone in the past, but I was a "follower" back then, and must have been staring at the sky, more than paying any attention to what's important.

We will be staging on the Nutamik Trail at the highway, but I can't quite gauge how far "up the trail" until we cut over to the lake. Secondly, I assume the trail to the lake is fairly obvious?
I also hear people chat about Forbes... access off George?

I have been trying to get back there for years, and darn it, THIS TIME it's going to happen!!

Obligatory additional tidbit... Any tips? Depths? Baits? GPS coordinates ;) (totally kidding). I will accept any information to make this trip safe and potentially successful.

I appreciate any feedback that this great group may have!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Google search found this, I'm not familiar with the area, but this may help.
There is a map you can zoom in on, best of luck on your trip.

·
Registered
418 Posts
That old trail looks like the one out of Bannock Point and there may be some contention about crossing some private land. I would think that coming from Point du Bois would be safe after this cold spell and certainly lot shorter. Hopefully someone will chime in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That old trail looks like the one out of Bannock Point and there may be some contention about crossing some private land. I would think that coming from Point du Bois would be safe after this cold spell and certainly lot shorter. Hopefully someone will chime in.
Private land, or sacred land? I know the petroforms are in the area. Doesn’t look like much else.
Did the run years ago. Wish I’d paid more attention. Lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
We used to stage at Bannock Point (Headingly Jail Annex work farm). The private land was further to the North from the petroforms, whether it's private or designated I have no idea. From that staging area, aside from the sled trail, there was also a mining trail that passed by Echo Lake into George Lake. One could actually drive a car all the way to George.
I recall reading here on MFF someone talking about the issues with that private land. Maybe do a search for George Lake, the comment detailed the area designated private.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Just as a heads up slush can be a problem on George but after this cold snap maybe not a problem.

Whitefish and Lakers are awesome there but have never manage to get on the smallies that well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts