Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
You are going to have a blast, Fishing during the day and on bear stand in the late aft/eve. You are gunna find both the bears AND the fish will be plentiful Can hardly wait to see your pic's of your success after your hunt. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks. It’s been 18months since we booked and only 19 more sleeps until we leave. Reels serviced BUT I had to buy a new travel rod that fits in bow case - oh well :D Plan on stocking up on a few lures etc when I get there. Been searching back through posts regarding leader etc., so I think wire is on the buy list also.
The daytime temps have me a little concerned for the bears - 37C is even warm for us. It’s classed as hot when it get to 40C.:cool:

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Not sure where but the outfitter I’m going with is set up right on the water. Previous emails said its about 2 hours north from Winnipeg.
Have water - will fish!!
Vance at Trails End Camps?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK - we fished the the Winnipeg river above Pine Falls. The water was “warm” they told me, so fishing was slow. I certainly would not have swum in it. Mainly fished from the rocky points. I did manage a few small mouth bass and 1 pike, that I lost as I was leading into a shallow section. One of our group caught some walleye - very tasty fish. I would rate this as high as our coral reef saltwater fish for eating quality. Another guy landed a big catfish on a soft plastic paddle tail lure. It hit like a steam train and fought very hard on light gear.
I worked out I was a bit over gunned in the tackle I took with me, so will take something lighter next trip. YES - I’m planning a return trip already. :-D

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,420 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your time here. This province alone has a lot of diverse fisheries. Even as a local there is much to explore and experience.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts