Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any issues with Frostbite Gear? I bought a rod from them last year, used it a few times and the cork cap on the handle popped off. I emailed them inquiring about their warranty and was told to send some photos to them, which I did.

They got back to me the next day, said I would be getting a new rod in the mail. Well that was over two months ago and since then I have emailed them a few other times and was told by the warranty rep that it was on it's way, issues in house etc, Blah Blah.

The last two emails have gone totally unanswered, one direct to the warranty rep and one direct to Frostbite. Anyone else have this experience or am I the only "lucky" one??

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had the same thing. I think I had the reel seat screwed down too tightly. Loosened off the reel seat a hair and epoxied the cap back on. Good as new. Pretty sure you got the same thing happening

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it. Just not happy that they promised a replacement rod and have not delivered on the promise!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a recent quality issue with a rod I ordered and they were very prompt at resolving the issue. I do know they were having issues with their fulfillment warehouse and were looking to move it and had actually stopped taking orders to fix the problems. Perhaps your experience was related to those issues. I’d reach out again and explain your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, like I said, I have emailed twice in the last two weeks and not even a peep in return. Very frustrating!

·
Registered
201 Posts
It is frustrating but do they have your rod even in stock. Stock has been a issue with them. U may have to wait until they get more stock. Or message uncut angling on YouTube he has his foot in frostbite rods. You never know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think frostbite has been going through some changes I know there website was down for a while and Aaron mentioned in a video that they were going through some mismanagement issues, i would imagine it would take a little time to get back on track.
if you have a email saying you were getting a replacement its most likely just on the back burner, in the meantime I would just glue the cap back on and send the odd email/call and go fishing.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly what I have done, been doing...Not holding out much hope anymore!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts