Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just picked up a few of the Dinner bells looking to see if anyone has them ?? and How they are doing with ?? ..Thanks Tight lines ..

·
Registered
950 Posts
Just this years "hot new" lure
Don't buy into the hype
Add it to the list of pk's, chubbies, targets, bait ball, jackals, raps, Kamooki

I've got a feeling all of the local insta fishing guys get together to push a new lure each year lol

·
Administrator
1,419 Posts
Didn't get any. In fact I bought no new lures this season so far and have hammered many fish.

I have PKs, Kastmasters, Little Cleos, Swedish Pimples, Tumblers, RJs and Slender Spoons in my box (probably even more that I don't remember). I was a sucker (and sometimes still am) for new lures.

They all look good and flashy but in reality I only put one on and then it stays on pretty much the whole trip and sometimes even the whole season. I have no issues coaxing a walleye on Lake Winnipeg if I mark one to be honest. I have tried a couple different spoons and they all seem to work well. I would have to say that at best 20% of my lures in the box actually get used in a season. The variety in my box is already pretty diverse. I feel there are more important factors such as your jigging cadence and your ability to read a fish's mood on the electronics.

Now I have no doubt that it's a good product but my box has too many lures that don't get used. If there's a guy next to me hammering with them and I'm not, I might consider getting one.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Have dinner bells and tantrums and they're fantastic! Can't WAIT to get some True Grits if they ever come back in stock....

·
Registered
526 Posts
For lake Winnipeg : 4 jigs, 3 spoons, 3 rattle baits, a tub of salties and you're good to go. However, that's easier ssid than done...lol...but that's really all you need.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Been waiting over a month to order. Website still says sold out.
My understanding is they had an issue with the distributor. They're in a holding pattern just like the rest of us. Demand is HIGH for these products because they've got the best, most honest pitch men possible for them....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts