Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
803 Posts
I have never heard of this. I would be concerned about CO and smoke..
Is there a reason you are not going with a heater?

I would think that the fabric material would not be great for something like this

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll have a heater with me as well. Last time there was just way to much condensation. I do have a CO detector in the tent with me. There are other fisherman that have other tents and run stoves but have never talked to them about it yet. watched lots of videos on YouTube and everyone seems to have good luck.

·
Registered
880 Posts
You’ll definitely need a stove pipe jack sewn into the tent. I can only imagine the heat inside melting the ice creating a slippery situation inside. Never done it but just thinking what my buddy heater is like in my 3 man tent.

Winter rig: 2016 AC Bearcat XT 570. Eskimo F1 Rocket, Eskimo 3i, Humminbird Helix 5 ice, 788Ci.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use a woodstove in my tent and love it. Nothing beats the dry heat. I put a large rubber mat on floor because it does get slippery. I sandwich 2 pieces of sheet metal with hole in middle for chimney-i cut a 12 inch hole in roof Works great. Never had an issue with fabric getting too hot. Go for it you will love it. A bit more work but worth it

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Very nice. Could you show a me picture of the roof?
move got a wooden floor built that I can pull with my sled so once setup it’s pretty easy.
I don’t have a picture of roof where pipe stubs out. But it’s in the valley of the hubs 12 inch hole in fabric 2-16 inch square pieces of sheet metal 1 on top 1 inside and I screw them together. Doesn’t move fabric doesn’t get hot. I do put a piece of tin behind the stove and pipe to protect fabric as you can se in picture. Hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts