Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
If still on em when are we going to have the fish off this year then ? Was good last year and was hoping it could become an annual thing . Having a difficult time getting around this year , been saving lots of cash by staying home and not buying gas and bait lol...

·
Registered
722 Posts
The fish are still out there but if you want them you have to put the time and effort to get to them. It also can be a dilemma, do I move or do I wait for them to show up. This year I haven’t been able to get out as much with sled issues but hopefully that has been fixed. With one month to go in the season I and others will be out there searching and hopefully finding them as others. But if I take others out with me they know that they will keep the location to themselves and not spread the location. Good luck and tight lines for those who work at it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I’m sure he has just been too busy catching big fish to have time to post them all!
I’m pretty sure if I try to upload all the big fish pictures in the last month alone on here I would crash the system!! I’ve been crazy busy with bookings. 3 1/2 weeks to go I’m gonna push hard here and getter done. Ran across the Lockness monster walleye A few times these past couple of weeks with the guy breaking off 20 pound mono having it hooked up for a good 15 seconds. Saw it at the hole. Finally a break in the cold which will be greatly welcomed. Wish me luck, I am going to need it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well if you land ole Nessie the Greenzilla of Lake Winnipeg make sure you take a pic and share with the group. Good luck out there! Nice to hear you are having a banner year! Cheers!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’m pretty sure if I try to upload all the big fish pictures in the last month alone on here I would crash the system!! I’ve been crazy busy with bookings. 3 1/2 weeks to go I’m gonna push hard here and getter done. Ran across the Lockness monster walleye A few times these past couple of weeks with the guy breaking off 20 pound mono having it hooked up for a good 15 seconds. Saw it at the hole. Finally a break in the cold which will be greatly welcomed. Wish me luck, I am going to need it.
lol. ok

·
Registered
92 Posts
Now don't I feel like a goof! I read the first post in this thread and didn't look at the date. This dates back to 2018 and here I am thanking people for their posts thinking they were recent posts. Got me all lit up thinking the big girls were swimming through already.....and then I realized.......For F*** sakes! Come to mention it though we haven't heard from Doubledeuce yet this year. Have you hit the ice yet this year Marcel?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ha Ha Nope Found em Today........

I have to agree, was out on Thursday with a buddy of mine and we struggled to ice 13 fish.........though my friend lost a beast near the hole when his hook failed and actually broke....no more cheap dollar store jigs for him LOL!!!! With the poor weather forecast and low pressure set for today, I couldn't convince my friends to head out today.....so headed out solo........was a good call....fishing in 13' away from the masses iced 20 fish, lost a few others as I have a ton still to learn....., awesome day.........until I got a text from work wanting me to come in to assist at work...of course that was when the flasher screen went crazy...pocketed the phone in my chest pocket....nice 22" walleye escaped hook at top of hole, flopped on ice, landed back in water, I scooped it out, unfortunately in bending over to do this Android phone dropped down the hole...........had to leave at 1 pm due to work.....had a good afternoon bite on the go when I headed out. White jigs seemed to be king today........wife letting me know I am a pauper after losing the phone LOL!!!!!!! at least was an awesome day of fishing.....for those wondering I was that tent alone out there away from the masses.........

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Glad to hear that the fishing has picked up a bit. Sorry to hear about your phone. My daughter just dropped her new $500 phone in the garage getting out the car. Cracked the screen right over where the selfie camera is. She couldn't wait a week for the screen protector and case to arrive from Amazon. Shit happens, but I'm not a happy parent right now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have to agree, was out on Thursday with a buddy of mine and we struggled to ice 13 fish.........though my friend lost a beast near the hole when his hook failed and actually broke....no more cheap dollar store jigs for him LOL!!!! With the poor weather forecast and low pressure set for today, I couldn't convince my friends to head out today.....so headed out solo........was a good call....fishing in 13' away from the masses iced 20 fish, lost a few others as I have a ton still to learn....., awesome day.........until I got a text from work wanting me to come in to assist at work...of course that was when the flasher screen went crazy...pocketed the phone in my chest pocket....nice 22" walleye escaped hook at top of hole, flopped on ice, landed back in water, I scooped it out, unfortunately in bending over to do this Android phone dropped down the hole...........had to leave at 1 pm due to work.....had a good afternoon bite on the go when I headed out. White jigs seemed to be king today........wife letting me know I am a pauper after losing the phone LOL!!!!!!! at least was an awesome day of fishing.....for those wondering I was that tent alone out there away from the masses.........
Sounds like fishing was Decent for you yesterday, wish I could have joined. Don’t you just hate when people bug you when you’re fishing!!! Lol Sorry to hear about the phone.... and I thought you were just ignoring me 😁. Great Post.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Everyone I know has a phone down there. Makes a guy wonder how many have met their end in Lake Winnipeg.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts