Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi for everyone! My name is Zhenya, I am from Ukraine, I am sorry, for my English, because I often make many mistakes ... Nevertheless, fishing is my passion, I usually go fshing 2-3 times per week.
I am interested in fishing habits and customs in Canada. Wanna discus some methods, techniques and types of lures you use and compare it\share with Ukrainian fishing habits and Ukrainian experience, if anybody is interested.
So, what section would be the best to discus this issues?

·
Administrator
1,430 Posts
Welcome to Canada! It's an awesome country with lots of good fishing.

Check out Manitoba in the Summer section if you want to talk about techniques. I'm sure there will be people interested in what you have to say.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome! Ask away any questions you have, much information from many different anglers on here. Would love to see and hear about some of your experiences back home!

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
Hi for everyone! My name is Zhenya, I am from Ukraine, I am sorry, for my English, because I often make many mistakes ... Nevertheless, fishing is my passion, I usually go fshing 2-3 times per week.
I am interested in fishing habits and customs in Canada. Wanna discus some methods, techniques and types of lures you use and compare it\share with Ukrainian fishing habits and Ukrainian experience, if anybody is interested.
So, what section would be the best to discus this issues?
For someone who first apologizes for their English. You have amazing ability to spell correctly, use words in the correct context, use punctuation marks correctly and phrase sentences properly!

·
Registered
781 Posts
well dont want to say there is something a little fishy hear...but i have family from western ukraine and others that have moved hear in the last 10 years and they talk about how poor the fishing is ...like no fish...shupa they call them which what we call pike...and orchan which we call perch are the 2 species that remain ...but not many...they netted at large for a long time and the goverment destroyed there fisheries....

hi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks fot all :)

well dont want to say there is something a little fishy hear...but i have family from western ukraine and others that have moved hear in the last 10 years and they talk about how poor the fishing is ...like no fish...shupa they call them which what we call pike...and orchan which we call perch are the 2 species that remain ...but not many...they netted at large for a long time and the goverment destroyed there fisheries....

hi
...and yes, you are almost right, but we have many species... in my area there are about 50... but the most popular are pike and perch, however the bigest part of fishermen fish some kinds of suckers, just don't know how to translate them. The biggest problem of our fish resources is poachers. In fact, many people are quite poor and fish play essential role is their survival, therefore many people net fish (what is illegal) and eat them or sell

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, I am here again :) and again trying to apply for immigration stream. Could some body advise me what kind of baits (better with pictures :) ) should I keep with me once come to Winnipeg? I hope to fish some walley, pike, perch, trout and other kinds of predators...
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
For someone who first apologizes for their English. You have amazing ability to spell correctly, use words in the correct context, use punctuation marks correctly and phrase sentences properly!
Some of my staff if it were not for spell check would look half retarded. One in particular I had to have a chat with, and told him he has to use spell check as his emails are embarrassing. Great worker, very intelligent guy but spelling is not something he excels at.

Reactions: jason23432
1 - 13 of 13 Posts