Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Don't know about you, but I'll be driving my vehicle on. The mechanic said I need a new transmission, steering column, brakes, suspension and probably a new motor. So I'll just drive it from CIL north till I can find a spot to fish. See you all on the ice.

Note: This was a joke! I think it's way too early to get out on the Red (remember there is current under the ice) but to each their own.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Got up to Hecla around noon today. LOTS of frazzle ice on the W side of the causeway but not on E side. Light layer of snow on the ice. Lake wide open even at the shore by Hecla Village. N Shore cottages area - snow on ice to maybe 400 yds out and looks like an open lead out from that. By Little Punk Island looks like open water going S of the island in my bino's . Bottom line - a few days yet before I creep out with a spud bar ! Have not been up to Marina - maybe tomorrow to have a look- see but expect its wide open.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Fishing a pond or possibly small backwater lake may be a viable option. A river with current is totally reckless. I remember 1 winter was on the red fishing north tip of sugar island. Ice had been frozen about 5 wks. ice thickness was 10-12”. 2 steps away ice was 2”. We were right on a current break. Laid the auger down and we all belly slid back towards the holes where the thicker ice was.

·
Registered
285 Posts
geez.. ice probably only 2-4inches..I dont get it, most of us stop fishing maybe 3-4weeks ago.. have all summer to fish, why risk it.

sad part, the moment they saw someone setup, they gonna start the follow the leader

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I never feel bad for people that choose to be reckless. Selfish. They clearly do not give a shit about anyone but themselves. Don’t care about their wife or partner. Their kids or grandkids It’s the victims of such stupidity I weep for.
Oh relax FFS. Enough with the shaming and venomous virtue signaling. You don't know these people or their circumstances so stop chastising fellow anglers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts