Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with 4 guests today on the west side. Tried shallow for a bit and sucked. Mover to 12-14ft and caught . 2 personal bests and this 29". Had to move to stay on the fish, bang off 6-10 and then move to stay on them. Consistant bite throughout the day. Finished near eagles nest and caught another 6-8 at sunset.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Thanks Lee, we tried by th eagle nest first light Friday, shoud have went for a Tims instead, got the green light for a few hours tomorrow morning, no kids, can travel, yahoo wnat to get a hog, biggest so far this year 27".

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Good stuff, glad you found the fish. Moving paid off for us too today.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i have a stupid question. How do you know which way the fish are moving. :?
Personally I don't consider this a stupid question.
But then again I am biased. I asked Lee this same question on his "whatever you want to ask" post, a few days ago. So far it has been ignored, ie. no reply. But then again it doesn't say, it WILL be answered.

Perhaps you and I are both stupid, after all :lol: angler.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
which way to move, try east or west 100 yards, if no fish try north or south same distance, still if no fish find another spot.

·
Registered
493 Posts
which way to move, try east or west 100 yards, if no fish try north or south same distance, still if no fish find another spot.
So in essence what are you are saying? There is no science (pattern) involved whatsoever. Just hit or miss. Like I have been doing for years. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
angler said:
fiveontheice said:
So in essence what are you are saying? There is no science (pattern) involved whatsoever. Just hit or miss. Like I have been doing for years. :lol:

Hey Angler. I know Lee is busy with work and the odd post can slip by so I thought I would chime in temporarily if you don't mind. Most of what we have learned on the Ice comes from years of experience but even that is open to our own interpretation as their are no cameras under the ice showing us what exactly the fish are doing in perfect detail. Heck even biologists can't say exactly what is happening much of the time and take educated guesses.

Lee has many years experience on the big lake and yes there is a reason to what he does and when or why he does it however he is also a guide making money off of his expertise. There is a fine line between helping guys over a public forum with a few tips to make them a better fisherman and giving away everything he knows along with a map to the fish. It is a tough position to be in.

I read your post asking about which way the fish are moving and the simple answer is no one can honestly answer that with 100% certainty as things change from day to day, week to week. Plus even if he could say 100%, that would be far too much information to be asking a professional guide.

Nothing you could ever learn from a public forum can replace time on the water/ Ice. I know Lee appreciates your questions so keep them coming but keep in mind he is busy and sometimes misses questions.

Thanks and sorry for butting but I felt I could help answer your question

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thanks for the explanation, I wasn't expecting to get anything, but a generalisation of info, certainly not specifics.
Thank's again for stepping up,and clarifying things. angler. :ice:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts