Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the mouth area, only 2nd time on lake this year.. hitting a previous number from last year 14fow and stayed there from 8am to 2pm (by noon had our 2man limit), morning bite was freaking amazing. you caught one, there's another one waiting, biggest was 29" and 24" the rest is 18-20" total of 30walleye for 2 person..the bite is mostly aggressive and some are finicky, switching from lipless, flutter spoon to jig minnow all day

cant ask for any better days, weather is amazing after a long cold temp.. excited for march madness

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I've noticed the walleye bite really turning on the past 4 days. I'm also hearing of and seeing more and more big fish being caught lately.
I'm thinking it's going to be a pretty great March madness.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Could anyone that was out this weekend provide some info on how the truck trail access to the mouth from Warner is, thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Was really easy travel with a truck. Closer to the mouth the trail ruts get deeper but not too bad. None of us got stuck yesterday although we did see a truck slightly off trail who did get stuck and was being pulled out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could anyone that was out this weekend provide some info on how the truck trail access to the mouth from Warner is, thanks in advance for any responses.
depends when are you going.. perfect example truck travel over the weekend is no issue, couple days later there a big crack open up at warner somewhere around sal channel. folllow lake winnipeg ice report on FB for detailed ice report without any BS

Becareful out there, with redriver access is out the equation..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts