Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!!

Currently looking to plan a fishing trip for my best friend's wedding. This is going to be his bachelor party and "man's man getaway." with the groomsmen. Looking to find a reasonably priced lodge, all-inclusive package, with guides, for 5-7 members in either Manitoba or Northern Ontario. I want it to be an all-out great time for myself and the boys, at a great location where we can make memories and make new friends.

Any comments, personal favourites, or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch, and tight lines!

-Ty

G

·
What's 'reasonable'? Adding guides will definitely up the price considerably. How many guys? How far do you want to travel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really concerned about prices right now, looking around for what locations have to offer before settling on a destination. Group will consist of 5-7 members, and anywhere in Nothern Ontario/Sioux Narrows and Northern Manitoba.

G

·
Off the top of my head, close by lodges I would look into Jackson Lodges, and Halleys Camps. I know of some more but prices rise dramatically because of distance and flight times

·
Registered
387 Posts
Wow! Great bachelor party idea!

Not sure what your budget is but you might be in for a bit of a surprise when you start looking into something that meets your criteria!

If you want fly-in you're going to be looking at $2500/ea...minimum for a 3day/3night trip...and probably more like $3000/ea when you start adding guide and tips. For a group of 5-7 guys you'll be dropping $15-20k pretty quickly.

Drive to/boat to can be a bit more reasonable, but you're still going to be in the $1000-1500 range.

A couple places that come to mind.
Fly-in:
- Dogskin Lake Lodge
- Aiken Lake Lodge
- Sassginnigak Lodge

Drive to:
- Eagle Nest Lodge
- Totem Resort

You could also jump onto the Manitoba Lodges and outfitters Assoc website and have listings of just about every lodge in Manitoba...(www.mloa.com)

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! Great bachelor party idea!

Not sure what your budget is but you might be in for a bit of a surprise when you start looking into something that meets your criteria!

If you want fly-in you're going to be looking at $2500/ea...minimum for a 3day/3night trip...and probably more like $3000/ea when you start adding guide and tips. For a group of 5-7 guys you'll be dropping $15-20k pretty quickly.

Drive to/boat to can be a bit more reasonable, but you're still going to be in the $1000-1500 range.

A couple places that come to mind.
Fly-in:
- Dogskin Lake Lodge
- Aiken Lake Lodge
- Sassginnigak Lodge

Drive to:
- Eagle Nest Lodge
- Totem Resort

You could also jump onto the Manitoba Lodges and outfitters Assoc website and have listings of just about every lodge in Manitoba...(www.mloa.com)

Good Luck!
Thanks man! The MLOA link has been really helpful.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello everyone!!

Currently looking to plan a fishing trip for my best friend's wedding. This is going to be his bachelor party and "man's man getaway." with the groomsmen. Looking to find a reasonably priced lodge, all-inclusive package, with guides, for 5-7 members in either Manitoba or Northern Ontario. I want it to be an all-out great time for myself and the boys, at a great location where we can make memories and make new friends.

Any comments, personal favourites, or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch, and tight lines!

-Ty

We went to South Shore Lodge on eagle lake for my bachelor party a few years ago. We had a great time!! Food is amazing, Fishing was great as always. Gord will put you on fish and has guides as well. Great spots within a 5 minute boat ride! Plus the prices are very reasonable!

www.southshorelodge.com

they have 50% off deals at random weeks too on the site.
Wont be sorry booking there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.