Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are your favorite plastics for walleyes?? I made a commitment to myself that I would use more plastics this year than live bait. so far I've been successful with gulp alive leeches and pink plastic mister twister 5" worms on slow death hooks. I've also done ok using grub tails on spinners and bottom bouncers......what are your favorites??

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh earlier this year I ran out of leeches and started using the gulp alive, the bite was just as good if not better

·
Registered
479 Posts
Probably the gulp alive 3'' smelt or emerald shiner minnows for eyes. In the bass department.....the plastic list is too huge. The 4'' bass tactics senko is a favorite of mine.

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
Here's a link to the company that makes the plastic shads I use for walleye and northerns. I use 3,4,and 5 inch for walleye, and 5, 5 1/2, and 9 inch for northerns. These are tough, long lasting baits that have a great action to them.

http://www.swimbait.com/

And this is the link to the company that sells them, and also has the biggest variety of sizes and colors

http://www.landbigfish.com/Big-Hammer/B ... mbaits.cfm

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Gulp alive leach 5" they work real good late season out fish the gulp minnows most times IMO

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
It seems as though there's not much that won't work.
IMO it's all about having confidence in a bait THEY ALL WORK confidence brings persistence and persistence catches fish the big thing is location location location you cant catch fish were there isn't any. We all have our never fail bait but isn't it funny there all different

G

·
I also find, for me anyways, that different plastics work better at different times of year.

In the spring I find for live bait that worms work very well, so I use grubs for my plastic

After that, for most of the summer, I see a lot of leeches in the water I fish, at which point I start using the gulp leeches.

Then in fall they seem to feed more on minnows or bait fish so I'll use swimbaits and minnow plastics.

This one can work at anytime of year it seems...reels in the bigger eyes

·
Banned
2,212 Posts
Simple Berkley Powerbait 3" 'Ribbon' or 'Grub' tipped with a Salted Minnow (head first stays on longer and fish don't care).
I use this kind of set up regularly when drift jigging the flats at Pine Falls.
Its proven to work in Lake Winnipeg as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
:shock: $3!!!??????
got bass trigger x today at canadian tire for $2.50 a bag, along with terminator spinnerbaits ($9 reg) on clearance for $3 each

1 - 20 of 30 Posts