Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My go to is always the old faithful white tube but I am partial to the Williams spoons too. So what about you guys any stand out favourite other than the white tube

·
Registered
592 Posts
luhr jensen crocodiles were always my favourite for summer lake trout (trolling and jigging) haven't tried for ice fishing because the ones i have are to heavy for an ice rod but something in the right weight would probably be a winner

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
PK Flutter spoons worked pretty good for me on LOTW, but only second choice to the white tube.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
On LOTW, the LT Golden Shinner worked amazingly well, when I could keep those Pike off them anyways lol

·
Registered
497 Posts
I guess this may be more of a technique, but anyway, last winter we were lake trout fishing Clearwater, the pas. Had white tubes on the rods, and were throwing some chum down the holes. Kept getting marks on flasher but they were not really paying attention to our bait. We were in 25 fow and with the lake so clear could see bottom easy, I noticed all the chum was gone. That was our marks, them coming and taking chum sitting on bottom! So I rigged up a quick strike with a smelt, and let it sit right on bottom, wasn't even 20seconds and had one on, changed the other holes to the same and did really well for a while. Biggest was 36 inch, So the go to for that day was quick strike and a smelt!

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
White tubes, or better yet, a Berkley Bubble Up tube in Chartreuse/White.
Live Targets, Sebile Vibrato.

Williams Wablers are deadly on a downrigger as well

·
Registered
42 Posts
For mid summer deep laker jigging, love the 5" white Jerkshad powerbait on a one ounce jig head. Sends it down fast and crank up as fast as you can. All the way to the bottom then right back up to the top. Lakers love to chase. They can hit anywhere in the water column. I slipped an extra treble over the main hook and that increased my hook up percentage a lot.

Another jigging bait is the Buzz Bomb, works well.

Caught a lot of lakers trolling with the Luhr Jensen Hot Lips crankbait.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts