Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Seems like the bass at my lake are already heating up ahead of schedule, usually it takes a while longer but they seem to be in the fall frenzy already. Last time out I caught two fat 17.5 inchers amongst others and man is it fun. Starting to get more into specifically bass fishing and used a spinnerbait for the first time with great success. Does anyone else have a bait or lure they swear by for fall smallies?

Cheers,

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never really got into top water, got skunked a few times and said to hell with it. But I want to give it another try. Do y’all rock with mainly prop style lures for it or popper? Or something else?

·
Registered
556 Posts
never really got into top water, got skunked a few times and said to hell with it. But I want to give it another try. Do y’all rock with mainly prop style lures for it or popper? Or something else?
Poppers, baby... all open water season long. Find some fallen timber along the bank in a bassy body of water, and look out. Such good times. There is absolutely nothing like a bass smashing the top on first or second pop.

Reactions: gmc4560
1 - 7 of 7 Posts