Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Wondering if you guys would know the ideal time it would be at its highest this year? I’d be fishing from shore around Lockport and EOM areas.

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Hey folks,

Wondering if you guys would know the ideal time it would be at its highest this year? I’d be fishing from shore around Lockport and EOM areas.

All depends on water temp and current flow.......with this year being what it was so far.........................going to be much different than history.......no telling what is in store!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ya no real draw down/locks opening dump of muddy churned up water so clarity should stay ok. May be a good year on the river.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
It is good that we are finally getting some rains. The recent rains and flow from the US weren't as extreme as was predicted so, at this point of time, it appears that flows through the dams shouldn't muddy up the waters too much, or for too long. Good flow and decent clarity, not that they often work together, should hopefully make for a good run on the river this year, but a lot can still happen in the next month or two. Timing wise, the peak, and even the start of the run, seems to be getting later and later in recent years, well into October.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow that is later than I thought, but I'm sure it is always changing like you said with all the weather discrepancies. Hopefully I will hit them at the right time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts