Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Saturday was the Canadian Esox clubs yearly Challunge on LOTW out of Kenora, This is my post off our site. Saturday at the Challunge I caught a 38.75 on a chrome shallow raider off a rock reef near big water. Sunday I had a blast landing 3 fish, a 38.75, 39.0 and 43.5. The first fish came on a bulldog off a rock point, I was snagged and the second it popped free I had a fish on, The second fish came on a 7" grandma in holoform again on a rock point near big water, and the 3rd came on the same lure on the same point as the first fish. The points had the wind blowing on the the day before and there were no weeds in sight. I give a big pat on the back to my boat Captin and fellow Musky nut Mark, he once again put us on some prime spots on LOTW. We had a counted and confirmed 15 follows on Sunday with two of them being at the same time, Myself in the front and Mark by the motor. Saturday we were in the 10-12 range for follows with one boated.

I figure the pattern was rock points and open water rock reefs, with baits that hit the 5-10 ft mark being the ticket. If the wind blew the previous day on the point the better. The bait color of choice was black with something shiny. All fish came away from shore, I didnt get a strike from a fish off shore/tight on the weekend, all came a little deeper, and all my fish came on the retrieve.

I know this is not fishing Manitoba, But until winter its all I do. I love NW Ontario

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My partner got the big 0 last weekend but had the majority of the follows, Its a funny game we play. I do know he put 3 in the boat yesterday in the same area of LOTW and I have no doubt he will surpass the 4 we got last weekend by the end of today.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ifish, Due to the Batty comment I am assuming we spent some time together last weekend. Hope you had a safe trip up north last week, shoot me a line if you want to get out sometime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts