Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
I launched at Chesley's on Sept.30th. $10.00 to launch and park. $5.00 for just parking. Really nice facility, and 15 minute or less ride to the Red. Lots of boats sitting out in the middle of the creek so you have to take it easy coming around bends etc. EOM was a zoo when we passed by. Parking lot looked full and line of vehicles and trailers down the road. People all over and lined up along the banks, still fishing. We headed up to the Cut and joined about 15 other boats. we stayed there for an hour or so and only caught one big bullhead. Other boats were pretty much the same with a few small saugers, nothing worth keeping. Moved back upstream around the bend and anchored in one of our favorite spot.. My buddy managed to land 2 nice greenies. (18 & 19 inchers). I got a few bite offs and lost what must have been a pretty nice Northern ( the way it ran around the boat and finally tossed the jig I was using) . We spent 2 hours or more trying both sides of the river in that area without any further luck so headed up past Netley Creek and anchored near Goldeye Creek. Our luck wasn't much better. A few dinker saugers. Finally packed it in around 4:00 pm and headed back to Chesley's. Eom was still crowded when we went by. Too bad Chesley's shuts down the boat launch after this weekend. I bought a season pass to launch at Selkirk Park a few weeks ago and will probably use the time left to fish in the old spots from Sugar Island south to the fort. The greenbacks inevitably come up and into the "mile" and I have had really good fishing there over the years. It will have to be a really good forecast for me to bother running that 30 minute trip to EOM.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Launched at Chesley’s and hit the Cut for 4 hours this afternoon. Managed 4 greens (15-19”), tons of healthy sauger, a huge bullhead, a hefty pike, and lost a good goldeye beside the boat.
The EoM parking lot looked pretty empty today - might have been the rain and Thanksgiving Sunday, not sure. Chesley’s closes tomorrow so it will be Selkirk or nothing for those of us without trucks, I suspect.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was out at the EOM on the 27th, the road is wet, pot holes and a little mud but if you have a truck and 14 or 16 footer you will be fine. Just got slow so you don't bounce the boat to hard. The launch is clear but the water level is a little low, we put the 16ft Lund tiller in with no issue. Slow bite all day but ended up with a 24 and 25 in the mid afternoon, otherwise not much to report.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Launched at Selkirk and takes about 15 minutes in my boat to get to the cut. Had a good day by standards. 18, 21, 21,24,25 and two sauger in 5.5 hrs fishing. Nice catching size over sauger. Rest of the boat did ok to with a few eaters and a couple of mid 20s lost at the boat.

River was a zoo but to be expected on such a nice day.

Hoping I can get out at least one more time!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts