Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Crappy gravel road, muddy rutted out parking lot, questionable launch conditions, no lights, no garbage cans, no washrooms, no filleting facilities, no docks. I have a very hard time saving $18 to give all that up...

·
Registered
371 Posts
I agree with the previous posts. Even if the weather is dry and calm and the road is " passible", you still have to deal with the rutted parking and questionable launch ramp. I made up my mind last year that I wasn't going to trailer my Princecraft there unless there was a big improvement made by municipal and provincial services. This year I have purchased a seasonal pass for around 45 dollars, for Selkirk Park. If I use it 6 times from now til end of Oct. it will be a reasonable price to pay. Long run from S.P. to EOM and back though, so I will have to pick my days weather-wise. Luckily, I don't have to deal with gong show weekend trips.

·
Administrator
1,534 Posts
Saw a few trailers at EOM last weekend but I launched from Selkirk. Selkirk Park is a much better launch in every aspect except distance to Netley. Oddly enough, I caught walleyes within a few kilometers of Selkirk Park while I struggled at Netley for about anything.

I will say though at one of the ramps at Selkirk Park, a guy with an SUV got stuck trying to get his boat up. The gravel was pretty slippery on that ramp. Though I believe he was able to get someone with a pickup to tow the boat up the ramp.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts