Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
SERIOUSLY :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: :gone: Next Wedesdays destination :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D If true

G

·
Actually BB what would you think about a Jug party next wednesday? Donovan has been itching to get one going.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Nvisible said:
Actually BB what would you think about a Jug party next wednesday? Donovan has been itching to get one going.
Bring all the jugs you have on hand :lmao: :lmao: Especially if one had a Timmies in it...............Double cream no sugar :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so for those of you that have never heard of a Jug party...In fact I have never done one but have heard of it and and want to do it., here it goes.

everyone bring an empty plastic milk jug with 30 feet of tip up line wrapped around it and a quick strike rig. each person starts from their chair at the center point on the ice and then walks out in different directions, 30 feet out from where your chair is at the center and drill a hole. you set up your rig and unroll the line back to your chair leaving the jug behind you. you can put a pail partially over your hole to help keep the hole from freezing. you end up with everyone sitting around a fire in the middle while all your milk jugs behind you. when a pike bites is it game on and the race begins....sounds like a blast when they are biting and you can enjoy a warm fire with company if it is slow.

Need a large shallow area thou. Might be some thing to do later int he year when the ice is thicker. for now I think I would like to try a few shorelines near emo ?

]

·
Registered
493 Posts
Done this once b4 with Denis. (ex wholesale sports) and a couple of others. Didn't have a fire on the ice. :( But it was fun. :gotone:

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lets set this for a little farther down the road when the ice is a little thicker. Sunday I want to go try a few river edges for pike and it is not the right setting for a jug party...need a large shallow area like the slough or even the west end of falcon...you guys have at her if you want but we will try to organize and official MFF jug party soon.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Blackwatercats said:
lets set this for a little farther down the road when the ice is a little thicker. ...need a large shallow area like the slough or even the west end of falcon...we will try to organize and official MFF jug party soon.
Great idea for an outing and hopefully a fair number of MFF members will be able to attend the "Jug Off".In hopes of a bit of friendly competition i think we should divide up into 2 teams.The under 40 vs.the over 40 club might make for an interesting outing along with having each teams jugs decked out with their official color choice.Windshield washer jugs(rectangular) work the best according to someone i know with a bit of experience fishing this way!Too big to go down the hole if a big one hits.Start saving the empties now guys :D

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
MNTMAN said:
Im in for the under 40's!
Lets get it together all us youngins!!!!!! :)
Hey Mike, thinking like a 12 year old doesn't make you 12 :roll: you're in for the over 40.

Over 40 team meeting at Mike's, he's supplying the bee ... refreshments. :drool: :drool: :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts