Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out to End of Main well before daylight with a big full moon still hanging in the western sky. Brought a buddy who had only ice fished once before on 3 feet of ice. First ones on the scene so it was up to us to test the ice as I wanted to fish the opposite side. 10 inches of clear solid ice all the way across. My buddy had never walked on new ice and he was freaking out seeing water below his feet under the ice. He almost crapped when the first crack rumbled. Got to the desired spot and drilled a couple holes and then a couple more downstream for the transducers. As we were setting up the cube a few more guys were testing the ice heading our way. It turned out to be a couple other forum guys, Scotty B and Manitoba Musky. After quick intro and a bit of chat we settled into the heated cube and proceeded to hammer fish after fish for about an hour and a half. We had 2 limits on the ice by 9 AM and my buddy lost a big one at the hole. All the while we could here hoots coming out of the other guys camp as they were having the same kind of morning. We threw back a couple 26's and a 24. (fish, not alcohol, lol) before things slowed down around 1100, hung around till noon to catch the odd one and then quit. All in all a fabulous morning on the ice and glad to make a coiuple new friends.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
See you there then guys.

Anyone know where I can get live minnows on the way there in the morning? Didn't make it to ProAm today and it doesn't open until noon. I've been to a place in Lockport that had, can't remember what it's called, but we'll check there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
SISIF said:
See you there then guys.

Anyone know where I can get live minnows on the way there in the morning? Didn't make it to ProAm today and it doesn't open until noon. I've been to a place in Lockport that had, can't remember what it's called, but we'll check there.[/quot Try starfish or fast gas in selkirk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts