Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride to Netley yesterday morning. There were barricades across the road saying it was closed due to flooding. There was a parade of vehicles coming out of the area. When I asked what was up they, (mostly immigrated people) said they were yelled at and kicked out by C O's. The officials said there is no longer a road there anymore and to keep out. They even kicked people out who walked in. They waited until the area was filled up before going in to harass them. Most of these folks were probably up all night excited at getting their first crack at greenbacks. Some probably can't afford fancy boats and trucks to go elsewhere.
I caught my first master angler walleye at the mouth of Netley twenty six years ago.My dad used to take me there when i was a little boy. I would like to take my grandchildren there also some day. There is a lot of heritage on that road. Not to mention one of the only free access points for boatlaunching this side of the Lockport Dam. There is plenty of free access to the River in Winnipeg. At one time you could tent at the End of Main, and also at Breezy Point which is a landmark to any local angler. It once had hunting cabins and a ferry landing at the end heading to a reserve.
Just because we the people of Manitoba bought out the cottages due to flooding, doesn't mean that the elected Government put in power by us, and work for us, should think they have the right to kick us out of our own back yard. Sorry if I'm venting but I feel that we anglers are taking another major hit.
If you agree please speak up for yourselves and let the powers that be know that we want our fishing and hunting grounds back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
here here , end of main WAS a great place to launch . So am i to understand that the gov't now owns that land , perfect place for a park and to park while fishing THE MIGHTY RED RIVER. Hopefully our gov't officials will see that there are people that would thoroughly enjoy this wonderful area. Dare to dream , dare to dream.........

G

·
There was a big hoopla on another forum about this topic. From the actual facts pulled from that forum it looks like they have shut down the road do to flooding and maintenance costs. I know there is alot of people who have wrote letters made phone calls etc. Me included. Curious to see what is made of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts