Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to EOM by 8:00. Parking lot already full and looked to be atleast 50 portables already set up on thw ice. Fishing was good between 8:20 and 10:15. 16 sauger and 3 eater walleye. Then nothing for 3 hours. Called it a day and poked my head out of the portable to see most had left. I guess most had similar results and left when the bite stopped. We were in 16 feet of water and a little farther down river than most of the pack. chubbies and salted worked but the clakin rap got the most fish and two 0f the three walleyes. My question is it worth fishing before sunrise?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The Red has been an early bite. While you won't catch a lot in the dark it pays to be set up at first light.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree, we set up the other day half hour before sunrise and as soon as everything around our set up quieted down and we started fishin the action started and it was really good for and hour and then... dead.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got to a late start this morning slept through the alarm, was set up by 9 so far 5 landed 1 of which was a 20" eye the rest saucers and it's now 11 and haven't had a bite in a good 30 mins, fishing bridge to nowhere

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
mike8423 said:
Got to a late start this morning slept through the alarm, was set up by 9 so far 5 landed 1 of which was a 20" eye the rest saucers and it's now 11 and haven't had a bite in a good 30 mins, fishing bridge to nowhere

I've never caught a saucer before, what do they look like? :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts