Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be a short post. Hit the river around 5 pm fished 2.5 hours 2 nibbles. The End. Marking tons of big marks tried every in the box, dead stick, jigging, bounce on bottom, You name it, we did it! My jig was right in front of fish a few times and I could not entice them to strike, just not interested. Was amused to hear some barking/yelping as we fired up trucks to leave to find 2 coyotes having dinner on someones leftovers from cleaning some fish. These were two very healthy Coyotes.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I was there last night as well. About 200 yrds south of Reeds. 14:30-19:30. Caught 14-15 sauger and 3-4 goldeye. Missed just as many bites. All on pink and glow jigs, glow snap rap, fire tiger hyper glyde and a sliver/gold rippin rap rattle bait.
I was by myself and had consistent marks until about 1730 then it was just the odd slow mark that would do a quick sniff test and then dissipate.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was there last night as well. About 200 yrds south of Reeds. 14:30-19:30. Caught 14-15 sauger and 3-4 goldeye. Missed just as many bites. All on pink and glow jigs, glow snap rap, fire tiger hyper glyde and a sliver/gold rippin rap rattle bait.
I was by myself and had consistent marks until about 1730 then it was just the odd slow mark that would do a quick sniff test and then dissipate.
Were you in a tent or shack or just fishing beside your vehicle? You must be close to being in front of high rise there. Done well there in summer at times. Think Pink was only colour we didn't try. Lol

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Were you in a tent or shack or just fishing beside your vehicle? You must be close to being in front of high rise there. Done well there in summer at times. Think Pink was only colour we didn't try. Lol
No I was further south in that stretch of 18 fow where those shacks were lined up along the east shore. No tent I fished outside my SUV the whole time.
I honestly didn't change a lure once. Five different rods, two jig colours, all pre tied and cycled through since they seemed to all be producing somewhat. I mainly either ripped a rattlebait, snapped a snap rap or a jigged a googly eye Kalin glow jig and minnow. Second hole was always a pink dead stick.
I was going to move, but then I always think of the old fisherman saying, Dont move from biting fish...
Ah, well. It was a fun handful of hours outdoors on the river anyway...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts