Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
There is a big rock on your left hand side just as you get outta the little bay where the boat launch is, you can see it sticking out of the water, just make sure you keep alittle closer to the shore on your rightside when leaving the bay. As far as other hidden rocks, there is afew as you head towards the ontario portion of the lake...going through a channel. When i was there on friday it was still ice covered but there were afew open spots. Should be totally open in a week or so.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Fished Davidson Lake today with Matt419...trolled all day...had to fish blind, because the portable fishfinder decided to take a dump when we got there! :x Tried everthing from spoons, deep divers, shallow runners, 3-way rigs...etc. The "winning" lure was a lipless rattle bait! Trolled Rapala Clackin' Rap and Live Target...we each caught one lake trout. Nothing huge, but at least we weren't skunked. The trout were 21" and 21.5"...which is pretty average for that lake. We have fished that lake for years on and off and have not found the secret to it...it is a defenite mystery, seen some big walleye come outta that lake too in years past.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sure was nice to each grab one. That'll have to tide me over for a while as baby #2 is coming any day now.

Beautiful markings on the fish there too. Very dark with some pink showing through on the cheeks and orange on the fins.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fished Davidson on Sat. Trolling tubes, spoons, rapalas, and live targets. Caught 1 18" laker and 2 snot rockets all in about 25' of water. Was neat as this was my first laker caught in open water. :fish2: Sorry no pics

·
Registered
930 Posts
mbc said:
Are you allowed to back woods camp on Davidson? Due to the water levels around Bissett, thinking of going to a different area.
I think you're only allowed to camp on designated backwoods sites in Nopiming... I don't believe there are any on Davidson or any of the other lakes down that road except for the canoe route from Tulibee Lake, which has no boat launch...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Love those dark trout. Beauties!

Backroad Benny said:
mbc said:
Are you allowed to back woods camp on Davidson? Due to the water levels around Bissett, thinking of going to a different area.
I think you're only allowed to camp on designated backwoods sites in Nopiming... I don't believe there are any on Davidson or any of the other lakes down that road except for the canoe route from Tulibee Lake, which has no boat launch...
Not even since Davidson is partially in ontario? (Camp on ontario side maybe?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts