Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Needing to upgrade my battery for my aqua vu -seeing as I only get 4-5 hrs out of factory battery. I notice Cabelas has Dakota Lithuim 10 Ah on sale as well as the charger. Seems like a decent deal for an excellent battery. Anyone here use it? Pros cons? Headed in city tomorrow and thinking of grabbing it in morning. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks cannot wait to hit the ice!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one, it's pretty good.

You might want to review the amp draw on the Aqua Vu and determine if 10ah is big enough.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
I run the aqua vu 715 c. It came with 7.2 Ah sla battery. I could get 4-5 solid hours. Battery never seemed to show fully charged on battery display on screen. Wanting to get 7-8 hrs of run time from lithium battery. All reviews I read seem to make this possible

·
Registered
769 Posts
Have 2 of their 23A hr batteries that crapped out coupla yrs after buying them. Have gotten nowhere in trying to get them repaired or replaced. I have the 18A hr battery which is roughly the same size and I’m liking their battery much better.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I have a 10ah Dakota that has been lasting a really long time. I also have a 12ah Vexilar lithium battery and a 10ah Marcum Brute lithium.

I recommend looking at the Marcum Brute from Riverside Outdoors, where it's $105 right now with the charger. Taxes and shipping should put it under the Cabela's Dakota sale.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
PM me for your Amped Outdoors battery needs. I have a contact that I use to supply batteries for the power boxes I build .........he is right here in the city and takes orders from individuals, takes about 4 - 5 business days to arrive, you can pick them up at his place. Much cheaper than elsewhere locally or ordered thru a website, I'd be happy to share his contact info via PM. I run four 12ah, one 18ah, one 30ah and one 100ah.........flawless performance! .
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Camera accessory Gas

Font Audio equipment Measuring instrument Gas Gadget

Light Blue Purple Gadget Gas

Light Electrical wiring Trunk Gas Audio equipment

Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gas Machine Electric blue

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
May i suggest to get two batteries?, problem solved.
Or get a single 18-20ah.
I ended up with a 20ah in a power box - will work perfect!

AH....if it's the set up you purchased from me........it's a 30ah in that box! LOL Glad it's working perfectly for you Chris, that set up is a beast.....and at only 8lbs you don't need a crane! Cheers and stay safe!
Tool Gas stove Gadget Trunk Motor vehicle

Audio equipment Gas Machine Gadget Electronic device

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Could you maybe post prices?

Of the battery prices? Nope, not on a public forum, as much as I'd like to, don't want to ruffle and feathers . All I can say, is the 30ah Amped LiFePO4 w/ charger is all in over $72 cheaper! Wanna' know more, PM me, I'd be glad to share via PM!

Can't post the Facebook link where I sell my boxes because this site doesn't allow that, but you can see my ad on Ice Fishing Manitoba Marketplace, or Facebook Marketplace.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Great for all outdoor activities and even around the house in a power failure. Charges phones and tablets, powers all USB items and is a great 12v power source for camping, boating, fishing, ice fishing and hunting (runs fans and LED lights), even tailgating. Made using rugged waterproof Ammo Containers or Marine Battery Boxes with all weatherproof components using 16awg wire. Includes 12v socket, dual USB charger socket, lighted toggle switch, LED voltage gauge, dual binding posts, LED light strip on all models (except Marine box), UV LED charge cup (some models) for charging glow baits, fused battery leads with heat shrink quick connects or ring terminals, ammo boxes include a Neoprene cushioned bottom liner to keep battery from moving around.

**small box....................................$60
**med box.....................................$80
**med box, UV charge cup............$120
**large box.....................................$100
**xl marine battery box..................$80

Also do custom work like mounting sonar head units and installing fused power wires, adding additional components if needed, adding (or adding extra) binding post connections and/or adding a UV LED charge cup to the large or marine boxes.

These boxes come ready to connect your own battery, they fit common sizes of SLA/Deep Cycle/LiFePO4 batteries, message me for battery fitment details.

Ships same day via Canada Post with tracking.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts