Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great thread Wayne and nice to hear your adventures and others too! It was a brutally cold and snowy winter but having a snowmobile gave me access to the whole south Basin which I did get to explore a few times between storms and extreme cold days. I have to say that I struggled this winter with only a couple fish here and there and a couple of skunked days also. I did get to do some running and gunning when conditions allowed!. Ventured out to the Sal channel right in the mouth and was surprised to see how much depth there is but sadly no bite that day. Also tried 7 miles straight out from Warner in 20+ feet of water.....looks like the Arctic out there! Last day out was a better day for my friend and I as we found a few by the pressure ridge straight out from Warner landing. Got into a big fish late in the afternoon but the walleye cut the line above the hook.... got her to the bottom of the hole but that was it!.... a good fight and she looked like a dandy! We went home with a few eaters anyway. Ran into 2 fisherman late in the season who made the trip from Barrie Ontario to fish Big Windy....surprised to see how far people will come!.....It was definitely a winter that tested man and equipment!....Cheers all

1 - 1 of 1 Posts