Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on the new site, congrats to the guys who put it together - looks like it will be a winner.
We are heading to crowduck saturday and was wondering if anyone has been out and might be able to provide a report.
Thanks

G

·
Water temp is starting to come down so the fishing is starting to come back around after a pretty slow Aug. A buddy of mine was out there today. Said drifting with bottom bouncers off points was working really well. After you put a few dozen in your boat. Don't forget there is nice sized Pike, and Bass in there as well just waiting to finish off your fishing day.

·
Banned
2,212 Posts
Nvisible said:
Water temp is starting to come down so the fishing is starting to come back around after a pretty slow Aug. A buddy of mine was out there today. Said drifting with bottom bouncers off points was working really well. After you put a few dozen in your boat. Don't forget there is nice sized Pike, and Bass in there as well just waiting to finish off your fishing day.

Probably a simple Type O, but Crowduck is 'Catch and Release'.
Unless some thing has changed

G

·
Was not a typo I just think you took it wrong. It happens. Have to put them in the boat as part of the catching portion of the adventure.

I personally catch and release everything.

·
Banned
2,212 Posts
I guess I was wishing.
Been to Crowduck with my kids when they were very young.
It was a blast catching and watching them catch a large number of EYES, with little effort. I'm sure that trip was the catalyst that hook my oldest.

I guess if they opened it to a limit of say (2). Guys would ruin it and take 10x the amount.

The lake has so much to see. Surely one of Manitobas finest accessible lakes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So 12 of us went to Crowduck Saturday and despite the rain had a great day. Numbers weren't huge 20-30 fish per boat.
our group only had 4 regular fishers and the best part of the day was seeing the guys who hadn't fished for 15 yeqars catch 21" eyes.
As usual the hospitality was tops from Bill , Lise and their crew. They even showed us how to feed thier " pets' by feeding the trimmings from just cleaned pike to the walleye under the dock. If i hadn't seen it with my own eyes i wouldn't beleieve it. A walleye eating right out of my son's hand, if I can figure it out , I will post the video later.
Thanks to all of you for the advice, we caught using all presentations , personal success was jig and salty and live target smelt.

G

·
Videos is now working check your PM and Announcements for instructions on how to do it.

With that being said. Awesome day out looking forward to the videos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts