Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Are officers handing out tickets for people in boats with different home addresses?
Do you really expect any officer (doubtful they would even answer a question like this on an open forum) to affirm anything other than what is set out in the current restrictions......so their answer would be that it's a ticket able enforceable offence to gather with anyone outside of your own household!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Here’s a thought. How about you and your buddies head out and jump in your boat. You can share with us whether you were ticketed & how steep the fines were. The Covid guidelines and restrictions are very easy to read and to understand. Not sure why you seem so perplexed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It seems the covid police follow this forum more then anywhere else. Or maybe it is just the people who have decided to be virtue signalers here on the fishing forum. How about trying to be polite nice people for a change instead of showing the crowds how rude and poor your self image really is. The OP asked a question to be educated not belittled.

·
Administrator
1,419 Posts
They are supposed to be, though overall from what I've been witnessing compliance is rather low.

I'd say follow the regulations because we have to do our part to help our healthcare system. Not because of the risk of getting a ticket. It's a very small thing to do. Pandemics require the effort of everyone to fight. The more people who comply, the faster we will open up again.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
I cant say, but I was on hecla on sunday.. 40+ boat in water and was on a lineup to load the boat for 1.5hr 90% of the boat was check for license and limits.
definitely some boat doesn't comply with the health order. but i cant judge them if weather they stay on same house, but some them are really obvious

but they are out number and cant really enforce every boat launch in manitoba, its really up to us to follow. we are lucky we still be able to enjoy fishing even with this situation

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems the covid police follow this forum more then anywhere else. Or maybe it is just the people who have decided to be virtue signalers here on the fishing forum. How about trying to be polite nice people for a change instead of showing the crowds how rude and poor your self image really is. The OP asked a question to be educated not belittled.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you.
The only reason i asked is because I’m out there taking this serious and 75% of boats are not. I see the wardens handing out over size and over limit tickets but nothing for Covid.

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Thank you.
The only reason i asked is because I’m out there taking this serious and 75% of boats are not. I see the wardens handing out over size and over limit tickets but nothing for Covid.

How can you tell what the ticket is written for? How do you know the anglers are not of the same household?

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Because we asked them and we knew who they were

Interesting, so if you already knew the officers didn't issue a ticket for the restriction offence......why did you ask the question? You had the answer already! My guess, the people you say you knew got tickets for over limit and over size and the officer used their discretion and determined those penalties were enough! But again, you asked this question in the "ask a game warden" section....even if (which is doubtful) they would publish an answer to your question, would you expect it to be anything other than a confirmation they are enforcing the latest restrictions? It's not like they would come on here and say no!

·
Registered
91 Posts
You really do like to argue with just about anyone on here you think you can push around. For an old guy we would all have thought by now you would know better. It appears you are a fine example that age does not guarantee wisdom. If the OP asked a question why continue to harass him until you have diminished him enough to have made yourself feel better by "proving your point"?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts