Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a campsite booked in a week at Falcon. I an confused about the rules for both camping and fishing. I live alone and was assuming that, like my house I can have one guest in my trailer. I have also assumed that I can have one guest in my boat. I have not been able to properly sort this out. I want to follow provincial rules but need to know what they are. Can anyone help?

Ian44

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Best to call the CO office near the campsite or the campsite itself. Also take down the name of the person who gave you in the information in case you need to verify the source of the information.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a campsite booked in a week at Falcon. I an confused about the rules for both camping and fishing. I live alone and was assuming that, like my house I can have one guest in my trailer. I have also assumed that I can have one guest in my boat. I have not been able to properly sort this out. I want to follow provincial rules but need to know what they are. Can anyone help?

Ian44
I interpret as you can't do either, camper of boat guest. Immediate cohorts only.
  • prohibiting outdoor gatherings with anyone from outside a household, including at all recreation spaces such as playgrounds, golf courses, parks and sports fields; and
  • permitting only one person per household to enter a business, with some exceptions, such as a single parent with children, or someone who requires a caregiver.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I interpret as you can't do either, camper of boat guest. Immediate cohorts only.
  • prohibiting outdoor gatherings with anyone from outside a household, including at all recreation spaces such as playgrounds, golf courses, parks and sports fields; and
  • permitting only one person per household to enter a business, with some exceptions, such as a single parent with children, or someone who requires a caregiver.
I think you missed the "I Live alone" part of his post which is covered below...

1(4) A person who resides on their own may
have one other person with whom they regularly
interact attend at their primary private residence
and they may also attend at that person's
primary private residence. These persons are
also allowed to meet on the outdoor areas of the
properties on which their primary private
residences are located.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think you missed the "I Live alone" part of his post which is covered below...

1(4) A person who resides on their own may
have one other person with whom they regularly
interact attend at their primary private residence
and they may also attend at that person's
primary private residence. These persons are
also allowed to meet on the outdoor areas of the
properties on which their primary private
residences are located.
I couldn't find anything relating to ian44's specific situation. I posted the exact information "quote" related to the latest lockdown posting lasting into June. Certainly best for ian44 to delve into this making sure that he may have guest as you suggested. I don't wish to give him any misleading information.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I couldn't find anything relating to ian44's specific situation. I posted the exact information "quote" related to the latest lockdown posting lasting into June. Certainly best for ian44 to delve into this making sure that he may have guest as you suggested. I don't wish to give him any misleading information.
Understood, that's where I got the section 1(4) from ... the latest regulations.

·
Registered
819 Posts
It is specified PRIMARY PRIVATE residence so I would take that as a no in the boat.

Summer rig: 2009 Crestliner 1700 FishHawk, Merc 90 4S, Humminbird 788Ci, 570, MinnKota Power Drive V2, 24v, AP, CP, US2.

·
Registered
243 Posts
"Is fishing allowed under the new public health orders, which come into effect on May 22, 2021? Yes. Outdoor activities such as angling can continue and are not prohibited under the Orders of the Public Health Act. Outdoor gatherings are restricted to only members from the same household, including while fishing from a boat. A mask should be worn if anglers cannot physically distance at common outdoor locations such as boat launches and other waterbody access points."

·
Registered
163 Posts
It is specified PRIMARY PRIVATE residence so I would take that as a no in the boat.
Yup, odd as it is, looks like it's a no-go for the boat, camping, cottage, etc.

And since they state "primary" then the following doesn't seem to apply to those that live alone..

"private residence" means the residence of a
person, and includes a cottage, vacation home,
hotel, campsite or other temporary place of
accommodation. (« résidence privée »)

Kind of weird the one person is allowed into the home at any time but is still "not treated" as a household member. But it is what it is ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
But it's okay for the Jets to have 500 health care workers at their game (yes they deserve it) but you can't take one person fishing with you. What a bunch of BS!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Even though they may be fully vaccinated other members of their families or even members of the Jets organization may not be, they can still transmit the Covid virus. Yes it was a nice gesture but not planned or thought out very well. Health care workers only were informed if they were picked to go when they had received an entry ballot today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
According to recent studies, fully immunized people are 25 times less likely to be asymptomatic carriers of the virus. That, combined with the spacing out at the game and the wearing of masks all add up to an incredibly low risk. They were also no where near any of the hockey players as the first number of rows of seats were blocked off.

My wife is a public health nurse and I can tell you that this whole pandemic has been incredibly difficult on our health care workers. This is a nice reward for them and is hopefully also incentive to people who are undecided about the vaccine, as they can see that being fully vaccinated may open up opportunities for them in the future.

I will agree that there was not much lead up time. My wife missed the entry deadlines for both games - ironically because she was so busy dealing with Covid contact tracing that she didn't have time!

As for the original post here, it's really too bad about the wording on that regulation. It would make sense to be able to have that one other person able to do anything with you, essentially acting as a member of your household. Perhaps the reasoning is that enforcement is too difficult outside the home...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts