Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With these cool nights we have been having this week, does it tend to slow down the kitty bite?
or
do they sense winter is coming and gorge on food?

:fish2:

G

·
Yeah last night was a chilly one. We got about another week maybe 2 before it is going to really slow down. The next few days are suppose to hit -2 for lows but then over the weekend lows back into double digits this is why expect another week or 2. I need to get out on the water soon. In the past 2 weeks have only been out for a few hours here and there I need to get in a good solid trip soon. Starting to go a bit crazy.

Maybe we can hook up this weekend. Last weekend I had to bail cause my son sprained his ankle playing soccer about 15 minutes before I was suppose to head out. So ended up sitting in the hospital for a about 5 hours.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A kids and sports injuries we have spent our fair share of time with 2 boys in hockey and football/rugby. Hope it wasn't too serious and he is back playing soon.

I am oncall for work this weekend so I am planning to get out at least once. Either Friday night, Saturday morning early or Sunday evening if any of those options meet your liking let me know.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Had a slow afternoon with the kitties today. Only 1 on shore with a few bigs hits that didn't lead to anything. Tried about 3 different spots, deep, shallow and everything in between. Had some hits on shrimp and tullibee but neither one produced much for me.

Had I known it was going to be as windy as it was I probably would have stayed home but with limited time left I wanted to try and land some more kitties.

Hopefully have better luck in the next week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey. i know it might still be early but i was wondering when it might be time to switch to my walleye gear and what spots produce when the eyes are hungry? i tried a couple times last year between lockport and selkirk and caught nothing but one baby. was also hoping to head out today if the wind dies down a bit and try for a couple more cats before that slows down completely :)

G

·
Be a bad time for cats this wind has pushed all the water out of the river. Lowest I have seen the red since last year. That and with the water go goes resource. I don't suspect you will see any cat action until a few days after this wind dies down

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the tip Nvisible. Like I said I didn't realize the wind was as bad as it was. I had some spare time so I just packed up the gear and headed out.

I couldn't believe how low the water was. Was looking at where we were fishing from a month ago and couldn't believe the difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts