Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to work a day up in The Pas June 8th so turned in into a fishing trip. Staying at Watchi Bay Bed & Breakfast between The Pas and Clearwater.

Hoping a few days of Laker. If assume they will still be a bit shallower in 30 to 60 with the late ice? White tubes? Going to stop by Pete's for some bait.

Also if wind is bad or just cause hoping to get to Rocky lake for some smallies. Figure they will for sure be up shallow and fun to catch!

I don't know where the best place to launch at either is?

Thoughts? Tips? Ideas? I can't wait!

·
Registered
154 Posts
If the weather is bad, it would be well worth your time to hit up Barbie lake....Rainbows are aggressively feeding in June and can be a ton of fun either off shore, or even better in boat! Small lake so wind isn't a factor.....also consider Cormorant which will be non stop walleye action...cookie cutter smaller ones for the most part but would be very memorable......

Wayne

·
Registered
420 Posts
I’ve got to agree with Wayne, barbe would be one worth the effort and time to go check out

I don’t have a ton of experience in the area, but I feel like your best options for launching would be in sunset bay or campers cove which are at the south west corner of the lake, closest to where I think you’re staying.
Cheers

·
Administrator
1,508 Posts
2oz white tubes are my favorite for Clearwater. Tip them with minnows or sucker belly. That is a good depth for June fishing. Give the pike a try in the shallows too, you'll see giants swimming around.

Hit up Barbe if the wind is really bad.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts