Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The family and I are staying at the honeycomb bed and breakfast in Onanole the next few days - we seem to struggle with shore fishing on vacation so if anyone has any tips or spots in Riding mountain area to keep the rods active I would very much like to see my wife and daughter catch something....anything. I already caught my big fish for the year so seeing their excitement would be awesome!

Jamie

·
Premium Member
4,426 Posts
The family and I are staying at the honeycomb bed and breakfast in Onanole the next few days - we seem to struggle with shore fishing on vacation so if anyone has any tips or spots in Riding mountain area to keep the rods active I would very much like to see my wife and daughter catch something....anything. I already caught my big fish for the year so seeing their excitement would be awesome!

Jamie
Remember you need a National Park Fishing License and be aware of the different regulations for fishing the park. Also, no lead smaller than 1.8oz, allowed and no barbed hooks anywhere (as opposed to just none attached to your line like the provincial regs), many different regs to familiarize yourself with...............

·
Administrator
799 Posts
It's also an additional $9.80 a person per day to fish on top of the National Park fees FYI

But if you are still interested in fishing, heres a link to the parks fishing webpage for some information:

I would also recommend checking out Google Maps. This would give you a general idea of shorelines and depth in the area, and what you can access.

I'll never fished myself, so I won't be able to be too helpful but I wish you and your family luck!

·
Registered
952 Posts
It's also an additional $9.80 a person per day to fish on top of the National Park fees FYI

But if you are still interested in fishing, heres a link to the parks fishing webpage for some information:

I would also recommend checking out Google Maps. This would give you a general idea of shorelines and depth in the area, and what you can access.

I'll never fished myself, so I won't be able to be too helpful but I wish you and your family luck!
the site is terrible. Does anyone have access to the stocking list?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We didn’t end up fishing but we did see some decent sized northern pike right off the boat dock and pier area of the main beach - just swimming in weeds between the boats. there was also an incredible amount of baitfish at deep bay (might be a great spot right off the dock first thing in am or at night before the beach goers take it over for family fun. We didn’t pay all the extras to throw a line in but thank you all for the advice and hopefully my two tips lead to some paydirt for those that want to fish the shore in the park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts