Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look to head out there on sat. How's the ice holding up? Is it ok to drive on or do we need to bring a sled ? Thanks for any info

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Buddy, I'll be at CBR Saturday morning. If the ice will hold my crew cab, it'll hold your grand prix!!!!!! :ice: Ice should still be good to drive on, no ridges need to be crossed to catch fish. It will be a bit bumpy though!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Grand Prix will get destroyed out there. Saw a muffler laying on the ice a couple hundred yards out from the access. If all you have is a grand prix then a sled or grabbing a ride with someone else is the best option.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bahhhh, I've seen plenty of cars out there, you just gotta take it easy driving. Can't be flying across the lake to the secret spot. :lmao:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am with kfd 18 on this one. it is really rough out there for the first couple of km. better off to go to balsem you'll have a much easier time

·
Registered
519 Posts
I heard it was easier to get on at Matlock than Chalet, I was out Tuesday and people were driving trucks by me on 10" of ice right at along the ridge, they said Chalet ice was a mess to drive over.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I heard Warner was the better access point to avoid the rough stuff. Good luck!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Was at Chalet yesterday. Drove onto the ice with my Civic but it's too rough to drive without clearance so I parked back up on shore. No problem for trucks going slow and smooth sailing once past the rough stuff. Saw a sunfire cruising out on the ice but he accessed somewhere else. Fishing sucked with only one two perch caught between the two of ice and a few nibbles. No big marks on the flasher and mostly smaller fish. Not worth the trip yesterday but being on foot limited how far we could go. Got out as deep as 13ft

·
Banned
2,212 Posts
Best access is at Warner Rd.
Saw many a truck coming from that direct.
We parked at Chalet Beach (not the access point, but just before and walked out the 3rd ice ridge.
12' of water, 14" of ice, 0 fish

·
Registered
246 Posts
Have been out at Chalet all week, Ice is around 14"-18". Bite is slow, Warner rd is your best bet for getting on the ice with a vehicle.

·
Registered
184 Posts
LexBroski said:
Have been out at Chalet all week, Ice is around 14"-18". Bite is slow, Warner rd is your best bet for getting on the ice with a vehicle.
...and is Warner still pretty rough?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the updates everyone. did not make it out due to a few things.hopefully next Sat :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Was out this morning 720-10, marked a few fish more than usual. Took home 3, all around 16" and fairly fat, thanks to the darter.

Edit; forgot to add, really AGGRESSIVE jigging was needed to get a bite.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts