Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out to the Red only a handful of times this year and each time, the results were mixed. Numbers one night 28" average and then size the next but only 1 or 2 caught.

Decided to head out yesterday evening and fished from shore in Lockport from 11pm to 1am. Eight fish in those 2 hours with 5 being MA's. Shrimps for bait. Current also seems to be calming down a bit too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's been the same for me. The times I've been out during the morning it's been pretty slow. The other morning got 2 within a 1/2 hour, then nothing for the next 2. Went out last Wednesday night and fished from 930 - 2am. Slowish for the first couple hours then non stop from 1130-2. Finished the night with 25-30 between the 3 of us. Only 2-3 small ones and the rest were a good size. Just did a quick "unofficial" measure with the tape that pulls out of the scale on some of them. Most were in the low 30 inch size. Had one that was 35 give or take an inch or two. Either way we all had a blast. Used shrimp for bait as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wheres a good spot to sit on shore. i fished lockport alot last year and pulled out 8 masters but since the waters been higher this year i just can't seem to find those magic spots. any info is appreciated because i know how hard it is to give out your spots and secrets :)

G

·
There is no magic spot on shore right now. The nights that I am posting pics of big cats and reporting big numbers is because I don't sit still. 30 min here 30 min there. I use techniques to get my bait in places that most can't fish from the shore. The average guy out there trying to land cats may have a good night but it is nothing like last year. You really have to work for them.

However it is just about the same on a boat. From personal experience and from reports even the boaters are 30 min here 30 min there alot of work to pull up anchor and move every 30 min. But if you want numbers that is how it is done right now with these conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts