Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of mixing up a potion to soak my shrimp in for cats this weekend. This is what I was thinking of trying

Cod liver oil
Garlic
Sea salt

Think this worth trying? Or a waste of money?

Hoping to pull an all-nighter on Saturday if the kitties cooperate

G

·
Sounds like a promising mix.

Get yourself a Tupperware container. Take your frozen shrimp and load the container pour your cocktail into the container. And re freeze. Tell you are ready to go out. Few hours before you head to the river take your mix out let it thaw. as the shrimp thaw it will discard water and replace with the cocktail.

Another idea which I had a few weeks back and have been wanting to try with a cocktail I like to use is invest in a marinade injector syringe so I can inject the mix into the shrimp before casting. Which is something I am surprised I did not think of this before I use to use syringes for other baits for a different species.

Good luck on Saturday man. Take lots of pics and let us know how it goes. I might shoot you a call and try to meet you out there. But I have to free up some time first.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Nvisible

good tip on the mainade injector I just happen to have one. if you get a chance Saturday come on down as long as I don't get paged for work I plan to be out there

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
gmharrison said:
Hey Nvisible

good tip on the mainade injector I just happen to have one. if you get a chance Saturday come on down as long as I don't get paged for work I plan to be out there
Going out after supper by any chance?3651 km later and i'm finally home.Haven't wet a line for awhile now and if you wouldn't mind some company PM me.

G

·
I am trying hard to wrap up as much as I can so I can head out tomorrow night. Would be great to land a few kitties with you. But I can't promise anything. It is not looking good on free time before I fly out for Toronto Sunday. I should be back mid week maybe we can hook up then if tomorrow does not pan out.

G

·
Ok it is official I am NOT going to be able to make it tonight. Between the birthday party and stuff I need to get done before i fly out. I will be lucky to get to bed before 6 am. Good luck guys and let me know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
gmharrison said:
Hey Ty

Have a good trip to TO
Safe trip Bud!Not going out tonight either.Just finished gutting my bathroom but not quite finished the destruction just yet.Major water damage requires some stuctural reframing tomorrow before anything else can proceed.If things go well i might just hit Frasers for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts