Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,212 Posts
Bunn's Creek hosts some large Cats.
Goofing around in 2010 ... latched onto what turned out to be a 36".
Couldn't land it as I was spinning for Pike and didn't have heavy gear (only 8lb Mono on a light spinning reel).
A crazy Russian next to me when knee deep in the water to grab it ... he ended up taking it.
That wasn't the only Cat caught in that creek.
... of all the crazy,
Caught on a small brass spoon.

·
Registered
424 Posts
uhhh..ya...i'd wager i'm in the top percentile of "fish friendly" people, so i'm asking. WHY hold the fish scale suspended for 13 seconds, watching it measure between 10.6 and 10.7?

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanted it to lock. Once it's held still enough it locks onto the actual reading. The scale also stores it in memory that way. You think that's hurting a Catfish?

·
Registered
424 Posts
SISIF said:
Just wanted it to lock. Once it's held still enough it locks onto the actual reading. The scale also stores it in memory that way. You think that's hurting a Catfish?
A more appropriate question is, you think it doesn't? And a 10 pound channel cat is worth storing in memory? We are in Manitoba, not Texas

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
cool video man, on an ugly stick/sonora combo. makes me wanna take a stroll over to the creek this evening! p.s. take it easy on the poor kitties.... :roll: <-- thats the first time ive ever used one of these but i think it was warranted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts