Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.manitobafishingforum.com/forum/52-mighty-red/47474-bullheads-catfish.html#post429322

Good day!
The post above got me thinkin'.... It was Sept of last year (2013) when I caught this good fightin' cat.. I was wonderin' could it be a bullhead? I have the impression that bullheads dont grow this long (i forgot to measure it-but im pretty sure it is between 25'-30'). This is yellowish that's why .. could this be an MA for a bull or just another channel or a hybrid one?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yep, it's a channel cat. They come in such a variety of colors, our cats. Yellows, Browns, greys, blacks. The forked tail always gives them away.

Reactions: monster

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, now I know.. the forked tells the difference regardless of the size and color.

·
Banned
394 Posts
Now that we are experts, identify the species this guy belongs to.

I don't want to bias you, but he has been referred to as "Chuck the Channel Cat".

Give your answer and explain why.

It belongs to what is called the "Restaurant Catfish". A rare breed of cat fish they not only can grow 10+ meters in height (maximum height not known) but really enjoys posing for restaurant. The last known location of this species was found in Selkirk, MB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts