Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

We just booked a cabin Buffalo Point LOTW in August. Never been there before. Are there viable shore fishing options?

I ask the above question, because we did MB trip to Steep Rock (L. Manitoba) in summer 2019 and the shore fishing was non-existent from our rented cabin there. Had to wade out about 75 yards off a rocky beach front, to get to 5 feet of water - only to find sand bars and no structure for fish. :(

We will not have boat access and I likely won't be inclined to pay for guided boat fishing. Just want something simple for me and my boy to spend 60 to 120 minutes before we try something else. :)

If the shore fishing at Buffalo Point is also poor to non-existent, please let me know and I'll save some space by not bring the tackle bags and rods. Thx. :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hello All:

We just booked a cabin Buffalo Point LOTW in August. Never been there before. Are there viable shore fishing options?

I ask the above question, because we did MB trip to Steep Rock (L. Manitoba) in summer 2019 and the shore fishing was non-existent from our rented cabin there. Had to wade out about 75 yards off a rocky beach front, to get to 5 feet of water - only to find sand bars and no structure for fish. :(

We will not have boat access and I likely won't be inclined to pay for guided boat fishing. Just want something simple for me and my boy to spend 60 to 120 minutes before we try something else. :)

If the shore fishing at Buffalo Point is also poor to non-existent, please let me know and I'll save some space by not bring the tackle bags and rods. Thx. :)
I have never fished the area from shore, however, there are two rock walls to the entrance of the marina. There is some depth off the west wall that probably may hold some perch, jack or even walleye. The folks at the marina are helpful and will probably help you out. I think it may be worthwhile bringing rods and throw some rigs with salties, crawlers or live minnows from the marina.
By the way that part of LOTW is in Manitoba.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts