Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a firm believer in using clip on style stinger hooks attached to jigs with snap swivels. I find that braid stingers last way longer than mono but the only place that I have seen sell them is Canadian Tire at Braid Clip On Stinger Hooks, Red, 2-in, 3-pk | Canadian Tire. The only problem is that the treble hooks they use are weak and bend quite easily. I did some research and experimenting and now make my own using 20 # braid and the following parts from Amazon and Ebay:
1) https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08341XDV2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (red #10)
2) https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0834176T6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (black #10)
3) SS-XL No-Knot Snaps Fly Fishing Quick Change Connect for Flie Hook&Lures 100 pcs | eBay (L-9mm/ 0.35").

It took a bit of practise but I have become quite proficiant at making nearly exact length 2" and 3" stinger hooks using the palomer knot.

Font Rectangle Material property Wood Plant

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried to open the links and was unsuccessful. This is what shows.
Error: Forbidden
Your client does not have permission to get URL / from this server.
Maybe it's time to get rid of that crappy mts internet, lol! Valley Fiber (cheaper, better, faster) is now signing up customers in our area. They say that it will be up and running here by Fall.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’d take starlink over valley fibre I’m gonna look into the starlink more. I’ve heard once you buy their system it cannot be moved which I think is horseshit. I bought your equipment. It’s now my property. I own it. I’m buying a service from you. A product. Sales guy was here throwing his pitch. I’d still have to find a cell provider. I’m not money ahead. Th
I have had Starlink for over a year. It works well with download speeds that normally vary from about 100-200 Mbps, but at $145/ month (going up another $10 next month) plus $750 for hardware, it is not cheap. Yes, you can now change your address and take it with you, but waiting times are currently near a year once you place an order. It is a day and night difference compared to mts's 30 year old dsl technology at 5 Mbps, on a good day. Valley Fiber is still faster and cheaper than even Starlink and also offers bundled home phone and TV service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts