Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

Boating from delta to the narrows

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Heavy early 
#1 ·
Anyone ever boat from delta beach to the narrows on lake Manitoba?

family member bought a cabin up that way and I feel like it’d be a fun way to kill a day.
Any big reefs to be watching for or big rocks?
ive got the paper map of the lake but it’s not very accurate or precise I’ve found

thanks

#3 ·
i have done it, and its a hell of a trip. yes there are alot of sand bars out there in no mans, it would surprise you. Also it is a trip that requires a set of brass nuts...... you will see some BIG water, doesn't matter the forecast.
the one time we left the whitemud wind finder and windy had us seeing 8-10k winds from the north and gusts to 20-25, 19 miles out we were in 5-6' rollers for 2 hours.
another time it rained soooooo bad that we couldn't see 5' away, and there was no rain in the forecast, thats not to mention the prolonged period where you cant see shore in any direction.

all times we took fuel, from delta to the narrows bridge was 67 miles one way.

would i do it again, yup, but it would be in a Tyee or Pro V or Ranger or other 18+ footer that is made for the great lakes,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.