Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Banned
2,212 Posts
Coming soon, but not soon enough now that the Ice is disappearing fast.
The beach boat launch ice is very very soft.
The ramp is starting show concrete :D :bigbite:

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Might as well sticky this message: Maple Grove Park ramp closed until the city gets their digits out of their anuses......so like maybe 2019? :roll:

It's been closed due to "improvements" for at least 2 Summers and showing no signs of anything being done.

St.Vital Park Ramp closed cuz the water's too high...oh wait...no, closed cuz it's too low.... How does Red Riding Hood like her boat ramps?

"River City" my azzzzzzzzz

Rant over

·
Registered
493 Posts
Is there anything happening with the boat launch at EOM? Is the ramp usable, etc ?
I would think the ramp is always useable. But getting to it may present a problem. Last I heard it was barriered off. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
The barricade has been set up just North of Breezy Pt.Road past there is extremely soft and badly rutted.We can all hope that once it's dried up and probably patched up that it will reopen and there will be a third launch option on the Red again this season.There are NO docks in the water however it's very easy to launch and then beach the boat while parking your vehicle.

·
Registered
519 Posts
That's what I thought, I can see the road closed till things dry up, but as far as the summer and fall I was wondering why the road would be closed, I am not sure if anyone owns land there anymore after the expropriation of land. If this is the case I can see this area being used a bit come summer and fall.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
The barricades were removed last year after the water receded and repairs to Breezy Pt. Road were made allowing folks to launch at EOM.Hopefully this will happen again later this year.Pretty sure that this info will be posted once it happens..............Stay Tuned ;)

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I was at EOM this morning (sat)... The barricade is NOT set up... Saw 2 boats on trailers go down the road but no boats on water

·
Registered
179 Posts
The launch at Selkirk Park and at Stu's are well below the waterline. I'd be worried about putting the wheels of the trailer into the muck just to get my pontoon launched. The locks at Lockport are closed and water levels are VERY low. Never thought I'd say this, but I really hope we get some rain soon to bring the water levels up or it may be a tough season launching.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I read here about Cook's Creek launch?? I'm not overly familiar with the area. Can you access the Red from Cook's Creek? I'm anxious to get the new pontoon in the water and my favourite fishing area is Selkirk/Lockport stretch of the Red. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
666 Posts
yeah you can launch at cooks creek and access the red, the water can be low sometimes are there are areas in the creek where you could hit bottom, if you know the channel, go slow and watch your depths you should be ok, the biggest problem is the drop off on the cement. Your trailer will have to go off the cement slab into the mud and that might make it hard getting it out. Stick to Selkirk until the water comes up

1 - 20 of 148 Posts