Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is selling her husband's boat. He is confined to long term care after a stroke. She was asking me what she should be asking for it. Details as follows.

Boat: 1982 16 foot LUND DLX 65 inch beam. Steering wheel and throttle controls. Tilt. All in good working condition. Always shedded in their large machine shop. One owner.

Motor: 1982 (sold as a package at the time of purchase with the boat) 20 HP Johnson 2 cycle engine. Gas/oil mix.
Motor is in good working condition. Last used in July of 2016.

Trailer: Easy Loader. 1978 made. Tires in fair to good condition. Some surface rust on the trailer.

I would appreciate info on the value of this unit. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The way prices of boats are now you may get into the low 3k for it. A selling point is the one owner boat. Without pics it’s hard to say but it sounds like it’s in great shape. If it’s sold as is without really checking it over and running, then that would affect the selling price.

Winter rig: 2016 AC Bearcat XT 570. Eskimo F1 Rocket, Eskimo 3i, Humminbird Helix 5 ice, 798Ci HD SI

·
Registered
113 Posts
With cuŕrent used prices all over the place, I'd say if it was water ready with motor serviced and running, it may fetch up to 5-7k all depending on actual condition. Quick sale, unchecked, I wouldn't go below $3500. I'm no expert though.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Might wanna call coupla marine dealers & ask how much to give the boat and motor a once over. Something like loose rivets won’t show until it’s in the water. Then with a service bill & invoice you’d better be able to set your price and have documentation to substantiate your asking price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts