Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Maybe someone can help. Jiffy 8 inch propane,with stx blades. I cut the first hole of four,and that auger pulls out of my hands making huge chips. By the fourth hole,I’m putting pressure on it trying to drill. Next trip,the same. I doing something wrong?

Blade or chisel point is icing up. Try not resting in the snow between holes. Going to have to carefully knock the ice off, being careful not to damage the blade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Blade or chisel point is icing up. Try not resting in the snow between holes. Going to have to carefully knock the ice off, being careful not to damage the blade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to spin the flyte a few times in the air to throw some of the water off the flyte before storing after I drill a hole. Seems to help a bit. In really cold weather, it can get iced up really bad, really quickly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just wanted to say Peter is still doing a quality job of Sharppening Mora auger blades and will actually modify the blades so they cut butter than a set off the shelf due to a minor design flaw he discovered in the blades. And his price can’t be beat at $1 per inch! Now I’m ready for Hardwater!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe when you buy new blades you don't have to adjust them by adding bits and pieces of anything to make them cut. In my mind if you have to adjust to make them cut then there fked, $80 down the hole.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey everyone, just a heads up.. I called Peter today to see if he could sharpen my auger blades and it sounds like he's out of the business now. He's moved out of his house and into an apartment and doesn't have his tools anymore.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Hey everyone, just a heads up.. I called Peter today to see if he could sharpen my auger blades and it sounds like he's out of the business now. He's moved out of his house and into an apartment and doesn't have his tools anymore.
Yes word has been out already this season amongst the ice fishing community that Peter has stopped sharpening and is busy now caring for his ailing wife.

·
Registered
33 Posts
curious to know what kinda of machine or stone is used in sharpening blades, I've heard of fancy ones but what do most guys use?

161 - 175 of 175 Posts