Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I also lost the number to the fellow that used to be just off watt I believe, did a heck of a job, and reasonable too.

Ok I did a search and came up with Peter Verbeek,@452 Leighton ave, ph # was 661-0781
not sure if he still does this or not, but he was good

·
Registered
679 Posts
Rebelrouser said:
I also lost the number to the fellow that used to be just off watt I believe, did a heck of a job, and reasonable too.

Ok I did a search and came up with Peter Verbeek,@452 Leighton ave, ph # was 661-0781
not sure if he still does this or not, but he was good
still doing them just had mine sharpened $9.00 for a jiffy blade

·
Banned
2,212 Posts
JME
Peter V. is a masterful Trades person.
It really shows when watching him grinding/dressing the blades.
Peter turned my dull Eskimo blades into Samurai Sword sharp ice maulers.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Lukes Machinery does a great job

·
Registered
220 Posts
I stopped by to see Peter today. He just does a fantastic job. I've been going to see him for years and he always gets my blades razor sharp. I have some bad stories of guys going to Other places and having their blades sharpened at the wrong angle, but Peter is simply skilled at what he does. Just look at the wood carvings and it will prove that he is meticulous with his work. Hats off to him!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ideal sharpening on berry is a lot more the $9 a blade... guy charged 25+tx.... shouldve just bought new blades!

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Should anyone have a flyte off the old Jiffy 1 Armed Bandit with the auger blade built into it(non detachable) go see Art at Lukes Machinery!!!Amazing results each and every time I bring mine in!!!!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
jshelest said:
Ideal sharpening on berry is a lot more the $9 a blade... guy charged 25+tx.... shouldve just bought new blades!
did mine once and never again, f#$^%@ them up real bad.....went back to see him and said he did his best, gave me my money back tho.....been going to Luke's ever since

·
Registered
113 Posts
Rusty said:
Anyone know if Peter is away, have been trying to contact him for over a week......thanks
Done mine a couple of times over the years and always a GREAT job........more positives than negs. about Peter on this site

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you can sharpen a fillet knife, you can sharpen a blade (laser is quite a bit more difficult)
An edge is an edge, correct angle and straight smooth strokes.
I have a machine shop and hand sharpen mine with a file and a hone.
My father can't see for shit these days and tried to do his by hand and ever so slightly rounded the tips. same way your last stroke with a diamond stone could dull a fillet knife if you waver on it. We set his back up in the milling machine, set up 15 degrees, cut new tips, and honed the burr off. Can't tell the difference between both methods if done correct.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts